Our mission is “to support and empower individuals to become valued members of their community.” This statement drives not only our work, but how Ingersoll Support Services functions at the most basic level. We strive, in all that we do, to see all persons become more than they were yesterday – whether that be how they see themselves, or how others might perceive them. The goal is to see everyone become a valued and vital part of the life of their community.
Our Principles of Service
Our annual visioning process is grounded in these five vision statements:
- That person-centeredness be maintained by ensuring that the person remains at the center of our services and of all of our activities
- That visionary leadership will continually lead and direct the organization by example to achieve quality
- That the organization and its individual members will engage in continuous learning, constant improvement and innovation
- That the organization have a positive design that is simple, comprehensive – yet practical, with a commitment to being person-centered. Our design will rely on networking and community partnerships for success
- That the organization provide responsive services that are highly personal and individualized, offering comprehensive support for all aspects of life; and that they be community-based